Looking for admissions, majors or financial aid? Visit our Admissions Site.



Federal Government Grants

Types of Financial Aid

Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant program is designed to provide financial assistance to eligible students. Application is made by completing the FAFSA. The Federal Pell Grant Program provides grants to full- and part-time students and may be used at any eligible college or university you attend as an undergraduate student or until you receive your first baccalaureate degree. The award may vary according to the number of hours for which you are enrolled. You must be enrolled in at least 12 hours per semester to receive the full award. Awards for the 2013-2014 academic year range up to $5,645. Federal Pell Grant eligibility is based on need and the funding level is approved by Congress. A student may not receive more than 12 full-time semester (or its equivalent).

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
The Federal SEOG program provides financial assistance to students who show exceptional financial need and who, normally, are eligible for high levels of Federal Pell Grants. These limited federal funds are dependent on congressional appropriations and are awarded by Grand View in varying amounts.