Reformation 500 Festival
Few movements have altered the course of world history more than the Protestant Reformation, and historians mark its beginning with the life and ministry of Martin Luther. In 1517 he nailed his famous Ninety-Five Theses to the Castle Church door in Wittenberg, Germany, sparking the greatest religious upheaval the world has ever seen.
How Will You Celebrate?
Why not celebrate with worship, education, and music on Reformation Weekend October 27-29, 2017! We invite you to celebrate the 500th anniversary by:
- Join a massed choir concert on Sunday, October 29 to sing J.S. Bach's Catata #80 A Mighty Fortress, and other works, OR
- Participate in educational sessions and worship on Friday, October 27, OR
- Expand your understanding of the Reformation with educational sessions on Saturday, October 28, OR
- ALL OF THE ABOVE!
- Rev. Dr. Mark P. Bangert - John H. Tietjen Professor of Pastoral Ministry: Worship and Church Music, Emeritus (The Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago)
- Rev. Dr. Kenneth Sundet Jones, Professor of Theology (Grand View University)
- Dr. Lisa Payne Ossian, Professor of History (Des Moines Area Community College)
- Mr. Nathan Beattie, Financial Associates (Thrivent Financial)
- Dr. Michael Elsbernd, Director of Worship and Music (St. John's Lutheran Church)
- Dr. David Johnson, Director of Music Ministry (Faith Lutheran Church)
- Dr. Kathryn Pohlmann Duffy, Professor of Music (Grand View University)
As an added bonus, we have two more Reformation 500 events for you to check out!
- Hymn Festival with choir/brass/hand bells on Sunday, September 17 at 4 p.m. at Faith Lutheran Church - Bev Duffy and David Johnson
- Organ recital on Sunday, October 22 at 4 p.m. at St. Mark Lutheran Church - Christopher Ellerston
Sponsored by Nate Beattie with Thrivent Financial