Summer Camps & Clinics
Grand View offers a variety of camps and clinics during the summer for children and high school youth.
Athletic Summer Camps
Grand View has a variety of youth athletic sport camps that provide active, summer programming for kids:
- Women's Soccer
- Men's Baskeball
- Men's Soccer
- Women's Volleyball
YES! (Young Emerging Storytellers) Writing Workshop
June 14, 2019
If you love to write and want to further develop your skills, join fellow high school students for this fun new event in Des Moines on June 14, 2019. You will explore different writing styles while honing your craft and sharing ideas with others.
Held on Grand View's campus, you'll be inspired to write and create!
Youth Piano Summer Camp
June 23 - 28, 2019
You're invited to attend the Grand View University Piano Clinic this summer from Sunday, June 23 - Friday, June 28. Students should have at least three years of piano lesson experience.
At camp, you will:
- Learn and perform a brand new solo piece (or two shorter pieces)
- Experience playing in ensembles (duets or trios)
- Receive private lessons and ensemble coaching
- Take courses in Music theory or Music appreciation
Data Science & Artificial Intelligence Summer Camp
July 8 -12, 2019
Wells Fargo is joining Grand View University to offer a data science and artificial intelligence camp on July 8-12, 2019. Classes will be taught by experts in the field of data science. This camp aims to instill and promote an interest in the computing and quantitative disciplines through a dynamic and team-based learning environment. There are a tremendous opportunities in this field and employers are looking for folks with these skills. This camp is subsidized by local businesses to encourage all students to explore this field.
Music Audition Clinic
Do auditions make you a nervous wreck? Ever wondered how to really prepare for your all-state or honor band audition?
Join us for a FREE audition clinic
Sunday, September 15, 2019
- 8th Grade Honor Band Audition Clinic @ 3 p.m.
- High School All-State Honor Band Audition Clinic @ 6 p.m.
- Location: Grand View University • Student Center, Speed Lyceum • 2811 East 14th Street • Des Moines
Students, band directors and private instructors are all welcome to join us to learn:
- Do’s and dont's in the audition process.
- What you need to play, why the judge is going to hear you play it, and what you are rated on.
- What you can expect in the audition room. Tips on how to prepare to give a great audition.
- Coaching available on all instruments.
Presented by Mark Doerffel and Grand View University Applied Faculty.
The NEXUS Institute
June 23 - 28 | June 30 - July 5 | July 7 - 12
The institute is a life-changing opportunity where young adults engage in theological learning, leadership development, and vocational discernment, all in the context of intentional Christian community, and are sent out to transform their local communities.
Registration for Summer 2019 is full