COVID-19 Visitor Guidelines
Welcome to Grand View University! We are looking forward to seeing you soon. The health and safety of our campus community and our visitors has been our top priority during the COVID-19 pandemic.
As restrictions in Iowa are being lifted, we are now slowly and safely opening our campus. We know there are many questions about what that will look like, so we have outlined the safety and precautionary measures we are taking. These guidelines were developed with information from various professional organizations with public health expertise, the American College Health Association’s guidelines for re-opening campuses as well as the CDC and IDPH. As we all know, this has been, and will continue to be, a rapidly changing situation. Our guidelines today are based on current conditions, but we may need to alter them as the situation and/or guidance from experts changes.
Visitor Safety Measures
Beginning June 8, Grand View will begin welcoming visitors and guests to our campus. We ask that you follow our safety guidelines so that we may protect your health and that of our faculty, staff and students. Those guidelines include:
- We ask that you wear a mask when you are in the presence of others for an extended period of time (e.g., more than 10 minutes) and cannot properly maintain adequate social distancing (i.e., at least six feet).
- Please social distance from others while you are on campus. We have spaced out some furniture, meeting rooms and open spaces, marked seating and have added markings in areas where individuals may be waiting for services.
- We ask that you do not come to campus if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, loss of taste/smell).
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrances to every building for your use.
- If you are visiting campus for an admissions visit, please only bring two guests.
To provide a safe visit experience for you and our staff, we kindly ask that when you enter the Humphrey Center, if you have more than one in your party, please ask guests to wait in the lobby as you, the student, check in with the Admissions Office.
University Safety Measures
We would also like to make you aware of additional measures we have implemented on our campus:
- Additional daily cleanings and deep cleanings of buildings is being done by FBG, our professional cleaning service.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed for front office employees and those who are located in high traffic areas.
- We will be adding directional markings for certain areas on campus to help with one-way traffic flow.
- COVID-19 safety and informational training will be provided for all employees and students.
- Employees have been asked to monitor their health and to not report to work if they are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, sore throat, loss of taste/smell).
Thank you for your help in making our return to campus safe and comfortable. Please let us know if you have any concerns about visiting our campus. We want to be respectful and considerate of our visitors while safeguarding the health of our community.