Dr. Kim Smith
Title: Lecturer of Communication
- 1974: B.A. Political Science
- 1976: M.A. Journalism
- 1978: Ph.D. Political Communication
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- News Writing and Reporting
- Sports and Media
- Political Communication
- Research Methodology
Research / Accomplishments
In addition to numerous newspaper articles, publications on various political communication topics have appeared in leading journals in the mass communication field, including Journalism Monographs, Journalism Quarterly, Communications and the Law, Communication Research, and the Newspaper Research Journal. I have also published several academic novels available.
- Essays by a Man with Too Much Free Time, January 2012
- A Prophetic Neighbor, June 2012
- Plagiarized, January, 2013
- Possessed, June, 2013
- Gamer, August, 2013
- Recreated, March, 2014
- Faculty/Staff Iowa State University Alumni Inspiration Award, 2013
- Master Teacher, College of Liberal Arts and Science, Iowa State University, 2008
- Outstanding Teacher in Department of Radio-TV-Film, Bowling Green State University, 1987-88
- B.A. in Political Science with Distinction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1974.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Cooperative and friendly students.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?