- Apply now and be sure to indicate the certificate for which you want to apply – Clinical Nurse Leader or Nursing Education.
- Submit your application and send MSN/DNP official transcript to the Admissions office.
Graduate nursing faculty will complete an evaluation and make recommendations regarding transfer of courses/credit.
- Valid registered nurse license in state where clinical experiences are performed
- GPA ≥ 3.0 in MSN or DNP Degree (from an NLN or CCNE accredited program in nursing)
- Complete online application
- Spring or fall admission
Graduates are prepared to:
- Provide clinical leadership for patient-care practices and delivery, including the design, coordination, and evaluation of care for individuals, families, groups, and populations.
- Participate in identification and collection of care outcomes.
- Evaluate and improve point-of-care outcomes, including the synthesis of data and other evidence to evaluate and achieve optimal outcomes.
- Initiate risk anticipation for individuals and cohorts of patients.
- Perform lateral integration of care for individuals and cohorts of patients.
- Design and implement evidence-based practice(s).
- Provide team leadership, management and collaboration with other health professional team members.
- Information management or the use of information systems and technologies to improve healthcare outcomes.
- Stewardship and leveraging of human, environmental, and material resources.
- Advocacy for patients, communities, and the health professional team.
Following completion of the CNL certificate program, students are eligible to sit for the CNL Certification Examination.