The Central Iowa Flute Workshop
March 30, 2019
Join us for an exciting day of flute playing and presentations! This event will highlight the many opportunities we have as flutists to perform, teach, and create while making wonderful friendships and connections along the way. #SmallSchoolsBigIdeas
- Open to all junior high, high school, college and community musicians
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Exhibitors include: Miyazawa, Trevor James, Sankyo, Hammig Piccolos and Reiman Music
- Collegiate music programs represented include: Grand View University, Central College, Simpson College, Cornell College, Coe College, Kirkwood Community College, Mount Mercy College and Black Hawk Community College
|Tentative Schedule of Events
Registration (8:30 - 9 a.m.)
Warm-Up Class and Flute Choir Reading Session With Alto, Bass, and Contrabass (9 - 10:20 a.m.)
Panel Discussion: “College and Beyond” (10:30 - 11:20 a.m.)
- What does it look like to double major/minor, or even just be involved in music but have a completely different major?
- How does music involvement enrich your overall college experience?
- What opportunities and ensembles exist in our local communities?
- Teaching and gigging- opportunities for every flutist!
Mini-Recital “Standard Flute Repertoire- Revisited” (11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.)
- Hear our most-loved solo festival repertoire performed by college professors
Lunch (provided with registration) / Visit the exhibits and low flute display (12 - 1:30 p.m.)
Flute Authority Presentation: The many metal and mechanisms of the flute (1:30 - 2:10 p.m.)
Audition Techniques: High school, college and professional tips and tricks (2:20 - 3:00 p.m.)
Extended Techniques: Beat-boxing, sing and play, multiphonics and more! (3:10 - 3:50 p.m.)
Teacher Recital/Flute Choir Finale (4:30 - 5:30 p.m.)