Private Loan Disclosures
All of the information provided is reviewed annually to ensure that the lenders listed continue to adhere to our criteria. Any loan options that no longer adhere to our criteria are removed, and new loan options are added.
You are free to select any lender you choose, including those not presented. If you choose a lender that is not presented, please follow the provided instructions to complete the application process. Application processing will not be delayed unnecessarily if you choose a lender not presented.
Our officials are prohibited from accepting any financial or other benefits in exchange for displaying lenders and loan options in FASTChoice. Prohibited activities include: receiving compensation to serve on any lender board of directors or advisory boards; accepting gifts including trips, meals, and entertainment; allowing lenders to staff our institution's financial aid office; allowing lenders to place our institution's name or logo on any of their products; and owning of lenders' stock (for college officials who make financial decisions for our institution).
Some things to consider before selecting a private loan:
- Accept all grant, scholarship and federal funding before applying for a private loan.
- Private loans usually take anywhere between 2-6 weeks to process so begin the process as early as possible.
- Most loans require a credit-worthy cosigner if the main applicant does not meet all the credit criteria.
- Only borrow what you will need for the school year
- Any other questions please contact the Financial Aid office at 515-263-2800.
Listed below is a comprehensive list of preferred lenders that have made loans to Grand View students in the past three years. Our institution has worked with these lenders in the past, and previous borrowers had positive experiences working with them.
- The Family Credit Union
- Wells Fargo Med Cap Loan
- Wells Fargo Collegiate Loan
- Partnership Advance Education Loan – Fixed Rate and Variable Rate
- Dupaco Credit Union
- Regions Bank
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- Union Federal
- Sallie Mae
- Charter One
- Discover Private Loan
- Ascentra Credit Union
- CU Student Loans
Please Note: Student Choice Private Loans not subject to the Reg Z/TIL disclosure requirements.