Nursing Early Admission Program
Do you have a passion for the nursing profession? Have you always known you wanted to be a nurse? Are you committed to the study of nursing? Explore early admission to the Grand View nursing program!
Benefits of Early Admission:
- As you begin your freshman year, you will have the honor of secured placement in Grand View’s distinguished nursing program without having to complete a separate application. Simply fulfill the other requirements for admission.
- You will have peace of mind knowing that, while on the admitted list, your academic progress is being monitored by nursing department staff and faculty who can guide you in selecting the appropriate prerequisite courses.
- You will have access to the nursing department’s Coordinator for Student Success, who can offer you additional support and guidance as you begin your studies and work towards entry into the nursing program.
Early Admission Criteria
If you apply to Grand View as a first year student and declare nursing as your intended major, you may be eligible to apply for early admission to the nursing major. Space is limited to 20 students each fall. Applicants must meet these criteria:
- High school GPA ≥ 3.6 on a 4.0 scale
- Statement of interest (two pages typed, double-spaced) describing why you want to become a nurse. Click here to fill out the form.
If you are selected for early admission, you must maintain a GPA of ≥ 3.0, complete designated prerequisite courses, and achieve an Academic Preparedness level of Proficient on the ATI TEAS Admission Assessment Exam. Early admission students are not required to complete a separate nursing application.
Applicants for the Grand View Nursing Early Admission program will be reviewed and notified on a monthly basis with a final deadline to apply for Fall 2023 of April 1, 2023.