International Financial Aid 

The total cost to attend Grand View University for the 2017-18 school year is $40,026. This amount includes tuition as a full-time day student, fees, room and board. Actual costs may vary depending on which housing or meal plan option is chosen.

Please review the International Student Budget for all costs associated with attending Grand View as an international student.

Grand View is unable to offer need-based aid to international students. International students may be awarded athletic or departmental scholarships based on selection by coaches or faculty.

International students meeting the academic criteria to be accepted to Grand View will receive a merit-based award centered on academic credentials achieved. Scholarships range from $2,500 to $14,000 per year. These scholarships are automatic upon acceptance - a student does not need to apply for the award.

The remaining cost after scholarships must be paid by the student before August 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester.

Get More Information

International Taxes

If your scholarship is from sources inside the United States, the portion of your scholarship used for room and board as well as for other non-educational expenses is taxed at a flat rate of 14 percent. Individuals from countries with which the U.S. has negotiated tax treaties may be able to reduce the amount of tax on their scholarships. The portion of your U.S. scholarship granted and used to pay tuition and required fees is exempt from U.S. tax. You will receive Form 1042-S from your sponsor to report the taxable portion of your scholarship.

If you are a nonresident for tax purposes and your scholarship is provided by an entity outside the U.S. you will not pay taxes to the U.S. on any part of your scholarship. Check with your sponsor to determine if you have any U.S. tax obligations on your scholarship.

The U.S. has negotiated tax treaties with many countries of the world. If you are a resident of a country that has a tax treaty with the U.S., you may be eligible to reduce or eliminate U.S. tax on your income. If you are eligible for a tax treaty benefit, you must file Form 8233 with your employer every year. More tax treaty information can be found here.