Throughout the year, the Grand View Alumni Relations office sponsors a variety of events specifically for or of interest to alumni. Upcoming events will be posted in this section on an ongoing basis.
Please contact Laine Mendenhall-Buck at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-263-2957 for more event information and/or questions.
Date: Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Time: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. (doors open at 6 p.m.)
Location: Royal Mile Bar - 210 4th St., Des Moines
Tickets: $30 each
Come to one of Des Moines' most popular downtown bars for an evening of scotch tasting! Register today for this fun event!
Firetrucker Brewery Bike Ride & Pizza
Date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Firetrucker Brewery, 716 SW 3rd St, Ankeny, Iowa 50023
Tickets: $10 each
Enjoy a fun bike ride on the High Trestle Trail in Ankeny before looping back for pizza and beer at Firetrucker Brewery. Registration includes pizza and one drink ticket. Don't have a bike? No worries...come hang out anyway!
Steel Magnolias at The Des Moines Playhouse
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Time: 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
Location: Des Moines Playhouse 831 42nd St, Des Moines, Iowa 50312
Tickets: prices vary based on seat and ticket-type ($25+)
Make this a date night (or grab-a-friend night) and join Grand View alumni at The Des Moines Playhouse to watch a heart-warming story about six unlikely friends. Come early for GV alumni cocktails and appetizers at 6:30 p.m. before the curtain goes up for a 7:30 p.m. performance. Follow these simple instructions to obtain discounted tickets:
1. Click here.
2. Choose your seats. In the pull-down menu under Your Seats, change Adult type to Senior or Student if appropriate.
3. Click the Check Out button.
4. On the checkout page, in the lower left-hand corner, enter GVUALUM and click Apply.
5. Before completing your transaction, make sure Adult tickets have been discounted $8 and Senior tickets have been discounted $6. Please note this only applies to the orange seats. The red seats and wheelchair seats are $25 all ages with no further discounts. Student tickets are $25 in all sections with no further discount.
6. Click the green Checkout button and complete your transaction.
Ticketing questions? Contact Lee Ann Bakros, Des Moines Community Playhouse, 515-974-5358.
Check back for more details and new events!
Return to top
PLEASE NOTE: Photos and videos may be taken at events and used in future Grand View University projects in print and on the web. By registering for an event, you are providing your consent for University use of the photos and videos. Please contact Laine Mendenhall-Buck at 515-263-2957 with any concerns.