Throughout the year, the Grand View Alumni Relations office sponsors a variety of events specifically for or of interest to alumni. Upcoming events will be posted in this section on an ongoing basis.
Please contact Laine Mendenhall-Buck at email@example.com or 515-263-2957 for more event information and/or questions.
Alumni Wine & Canvas Night
Thursday, February 18, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Grand View University, Rasmussen Center
Join us for a fun evening of painting. Light appetizers, wine and non-alcoholic drinks will be available. Your registration covers materials, food, and one drink ticket. Additional beverages may be purchased. Cost is $30 per person; class size is capped at 24. Click here to register.
Grand View at the Iowa Energy
Thursday, March 31, 6 p.m.
Join GV students and alumni for a fun night of Iowa Energy basketball. Come early for a GV group picture on the court, and then enjoy food and drink specials prior to tip-off at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available for $8. Click here to register.
Sister Act at The Des Moines Playhouse
Thursday, April 21, 6:30 p.m.
Bring your sister or a friend and join us for a night of laughter at The Des Moines Playhouse. Come early for GV alumni cocktails and appetizers at 6:30 p.m. before the curtain goes up for a 7:30 p.m. performance. Receive discounted tickets through the direct link below. Ticket price also includes one drink ticket and free appetizers.
1. Go to this link: http://tinyurl.com/gvusisteract
2. Click on the map outline to open up seating options--reserved seats are available in both ramp and orchestra sections. Once you select a seating area, you will see a group of purple seats--these have been reserved for Grand View. Click on the seat(s) you wish to reserve.
3. Select the type of ticket you’d like to purchase from the drop-down menu (adult, senior, or student).
4. At the checkout screen, enter VIKING as the discount code to receive a 15% discount.
5. Make plans to arrive early for a cocktail and appetizers with other Grand View alumni.
Return to top
PLEASE NOTE: Photos and videos may be taken at events and used in future Grand View University projects in print and on the web. By registering for an event, you are providing your consent for University use of the photos and videos. Please contact Laine Mendenhall-Buck at 515-263-2957 with any concerns.