Grand View University and DMACC Announce 3+1 Pathway for DMACC Nursing Graduates
March 19, 2018
Grand View University and Des Moines Area Community College announce a 3+1 pathway for DMACC nursing graduates. The new program awards credit for nursing knowledge, competency and skills learned in the associate degree program.
Grand View University’s RN to BSN degree is designed to prepare registered professional nurses to be leaders in a variety of institutional and community settings. The program develops nurses who use the art and science of nursing to offer caring responses in their practice and professional relationships.
"Grand View University is proud to work with community partners to advance the discipline of nursing by offering a RN to BSN Program that respects the students’ education and experience,” said Dawn Bowker, Associate Professor of Nursing and RN to BSN Program Leader at Grand View.
Strengths of GV RN to BSN Program:
- 100% Online
- Complete your BSN in as few as 14 months
- Complete one 8-week course at a time, two per semester and one in the summer
- Minimal clinical hours (one course) with flexible placement
- Partnership with UnityPoint Health Nurse Residency program – earn nursing elective credit at Grand View University
- Cross-enrollment at Grand View University while at DMACC
- Advising via both institutions through Transfer Resource Initiative (TRI Program)
A public announcement and signing event will be held on Wednesday, March 21 at 3:00 p.m. at Grand View, Student Center Prairie Meadows Plaza View Room, 2811 East 14th Street, Des Moines. Administrators, faculty and students from Grand View and DMACC and UnityPoint nursing leaders will be attending. Media and interested parties are invited to attend this public event.