ELEVATE Peer Mentoring Program
Grand View’s ELEVATE Peer Mentoring Program will help you be successful in college! We will pair you with a current GV student who will help guide and support you as you make the move from high school to college. They will help you learn good study habits, meet new people and get involved in campus activities.
What is Peer Mentoring?
Peer mentoring is a process where two people of similar ages and experiences help each other grow. It’s an informal, but structured relationship that will give you someone to lean on and trust as you begin college. Your mentor will help guide and encourage you and will be a new Grand View friend.
Why should I participate?
- Develop study and time management skills
- Increase your academic and social confidence
- Learn positive decision-making skills
- Get involved in campus activities
- Learn how to deal with academic and personal matters
- Learn how to set and meet personal goals
- Get to know people on campus (faculty, staff and students)
- Set yourself up for success!
What is expected of me?
- Be open and willing to new experiences
- Be prepared and professional
- Be on time and receptive to feedback
- Complete programs requirements such as connecting with your mentor, exploring campus resources and meeting with your academic advisor
Students who are a part of Project ELEVATE will also receive a $500 ELEVATE scholarship. The scholarship will help you pay for books and supplies so you are ready for class on the first day of the semester.