Transfer Credit Policy
If you're thinking about transferring to Grand View University, you're in good company. We’re eager to help you leverage the credit you’ve already earned as you start working toward your degree. At Grand View, we keep our transfer process simple and our transfer policies friendly. Normally all college parallel credits from accredited institutions are accepted.
Transfer Credit Policy
|In 1975 the Des Moines Area Consortium for Higher Education implemented a Cross-Enrollment Program, extending the course offerings available to students attending Grand View, Drake, and Des Moines Area Community College. Under this program, full-time day students at Grand View may enroll for one course offered at Drake University or Des Moines Area Community College each semester at no additional cost. The Grand View University Registrar's Office coordinates this process and must be notified prior to registration for the class. Cross enroll courses do not interrupt nor add to the last 30 hours of Grand View requirements.
Grand View also awards credit for off-campus educational programs that have been evaluated by:
- The American Council on Education (ACE)
- The Armed Services
- The Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals (AEAP)
- The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
- The Insurance Institute of America
- The Life Management Institute (LOMA)
In addition, you may earn college credit through the successful completion of:
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP) tests
- DSST Exams
- Proficiency Examination Program (PEP) tests
- Grand View departmental exams
- Experiential learning (life experience) portfolios
Up to 32 hours of credit by examination and/or portfolio assessment may be counted toward the Grand View baccalaureate degree.
The Associate in Arts degree (AA) satisfies the Grand View University General Education Core requirements for the baccalaureate degree except for the composition and quantitative reasoning courses (unless fulfilled by transfer coursework), Core Seminars II and III, and the required number of outcome iterations (number determined by class status on entry to the University as defined above).
|Transfer Resource Initiative (TRI)
Transfer Resource Initiative is a collaboration between DMACC and Grand View to offer students who plan to transfer the benefits of being a Grand View student while taking classes at DMACC.
How do you participate?
- Apply to DMACC.
- Upon acceptance to DMACC, schedule an appointment with a DMACC academic advisor to obtain your TRI application. A list of academic advisors and information on scheduling an appointment can be found online.
- Return your completed TRI application to April Leach in the DMACC Admissions Office – Ankeny Campus – and she will forward it to your Grand View admissions counselor.
- Request all college transcripts to be sent to Grand View, plus your high school transcripts if you have less than 60 college credits completed at the time of applying. If you have less than 24 college credits completed at the time of applying, submit both your high school transcripts and ACT or Compass test scores.
- Walk through the TRI Program with your Grand View admissions counselor.
Upon acceptance, Lauren Haugh, academic advisor at Grand View, will advise you via email and provide you with suggested DMACC courses to take before you begin your courses at Grand View.
DMACC will automatically send Grand View your updated transcripts after each completed semester at DMACC and your GV admissions counselor will review them to make sure you have still met our admissions requirements.
- You’ll be co-advised throughout your time at DMACC. This way, you’ll have a DMACC advisor keeping you on track while you’re there and a Grand View advisor making sure all of your DMACC classes are transfer-friendly.
- Experience the Grand View community while attending DMACC, making your transition easier.
- Attend any Grand View activities free, including sporting events and all other on-campus entertainment.
- Get a bus pass for the Link shuttle throughout Des Moines year round.