Housing Sign Up
Housing at Grand View is limited; with more than 800 students on campus, the demand is extremely high. It is very important to meet submission deadlines for paperwork as room assignments are made based on the date we receive your enrollment deposit, housing and meal contract, and housing deposit.
3 Step Process
Pay a non-refundable $100 enrollment deposit. You may pay online or by mailing a check to the Admissions Office, 1200 Grandview Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50316.
After we receive your $100 enrollment deposit you will be emailed information to access the online housing contract. Please take the time to review the terms and conditions of this agreement. We will begin emailing housing and meal contract information beginning in November to students who have paid their $100 enrollment deposit.
Complete the online housing contract and submit the $200 housing deposit. You may pay your housing deposit online.
Tips & Tricks
- The earlier that both deposits and the housing contract are received the better chance you will have to obtain your preferred housing choice. Student preferences are more likely to be met if paperwork is submitted prior to June 1 (for fall incoming). Student preference isn't as likely when students are incoming for the spring term.
- Cancellation of a signed and submitted Housing and Meal Contract and a full refund of the $200 housing deposit can occur through July 1 (for incoming fall) and December 1 (for incoming spring) if done in writing and submitted to the Admissions Office. Cancellations after July 1 (for incoming fall) or December 1 (for incoming spring) or “no shows” upon move-in will result in forfeiture of the $200 housing deposit.
- Housing assignments will be emailed around June 20 (for incoming fall) or November 1 (for incoming spring).
- Academic scholarships will be reduced by $2,000 per year or $1,000 per semester for students living/moving off campus
- Students who are approved and/or choose to live off campus may not receive more than the maximum amount allowed Grand View grants and scholarships for the academic year they plan to live off campus. See the current Financial Aid Handbook for the current maximum allowed.
If you have any questions, please contact Robert Patterson, Director of Residence Life, at (515) 263-2884 or via email.