Student Health Center
Welcome! We are excited that you are here and happy to be a part of your success while on campus.
Grand View Student Health Center is offered by Unity Point Health System. Our caring health center staff is available to meet your health care needs while you are a student at Grand View University. All visits are confidential.
Student Health Requirements
Before arriving on campus each year, all residential students, athletes, nursing and international students must submit the following health information:
- Student health history form
- A copy of immunization records
- A copy of your medical insurance card (front & back)
In addition, nursing students and athletes are required to complete a physical exam form.
Grand View uses Medicat, a secure Electronic Health Record System to consolidate all your health information in one location and allows us to provide better student health care.
To upload your health documents, visit https://grandview.medicatconnect.com. You will use your normal Grand View University username. If you do not have your credentials, please contact the Help Desk at 515-263-6100 or email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding documents, please contact Student Life at 515-263-2895, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students living in campus housing, all international students and those participating in athletics and/or enrolled in the nursing program must provide proof of insurance coverage each year they are enrolled at Grand View.
Grand View does not provide health insurance through the university. If you are an out-of-state student or an international student and your policy does not qualify in Iowa or you do not have current health insurance coverage, the providers below are possible options for policies and coverage that fit your needs.
For domestic or U.S students:
- Krist Insurance Company
AJ Krist, CEO of Krist Insurance Company
For international students:
Policies must cover the entire academic year, August - April, and should be obtained prior to arrival to campus.
Copies of the insurance card (front and back) will need to be submitted to Betty Anderson (ext. 2885) or scanned and emailed to email@example.com. International students should also submit proof of insurance to Alex Piedras, apiedras @ grandview.edu.
In addition to the student health requirements above, nursing students must provide:
- Complete and turn in the forms listed above for all students. Students admitted to nursing please refer to the Nursing Student Handbook (PDF).
- Be sure to complete the second page of the student health form.
- Nursing Physical
If you would like an appointment to see our licensed primary care provider call 515-263-2823. We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule and work with you to get an appointment that meets your needs.
Insurance and Billing
Unfortunately, unexpected accidents and illnesses happen. When coming to the Student Health Center you will need to bring your insurance card and Grand View ID.
- Grand View Student Health Center is able to provide Physical Examinations (yearly, nursing, athletics) for $25.00 which will be billed to the Student’s Grand View account.
- Urgent care visits are provided as a free service and not billed.
- Laboratory testing is offered and specimens may be obtained in Student Health and sent to UnityPoint laboratory and student’s insurance will be billed.
- Vaccinations including flu vaccinations will be billed to Student’s Grand View account.
Have A Question?
A registered nurse is available during open hours to answer your questions and give you self-care tips, medical tips, and advice on whether you need to schedule an appointment at 515-263-2823.