Dr. Zeb Sullivan
Title: Prof of Health & Physical Education
Office: Wellness Center B215
- Bachelor of Science, Iowa State University, 2002
- Major: Animal Science
- Minor: Economics
- Master of Science, Iowa State University, 2005
- Co-Majors Animal Nutrition and Human Nutrition
- Doctor of Philosophy, Iowa State University, 2011
- Major: Kinesiology
- Specialization: Biological basis of human behavior
- Primary area of emphasis: Exercise physiology
- Secondary area of emphasis: Exercise psychology
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise Psychology
Research / Accomplishments
- Sullivan, Z.M., Hsu, W., & King, D.S. (2014). Mouth rinsing with branched-chain amino acids and carbohydrates on steady-state metabolism, exercise performance, and the endocrine responses to exercise. The FASEB Journal, 28:1 Supplement (Abstract # 634.6). April 27, 2014.
- Johannsen, N.M., Sullivan, Z.M., Warnke, N., King, D.S., & Sharp, R.L. (2013). Effect of preexercise soup intake on water intake and fluid balance during exercise in the heat. International Journal of Sports Nutrition & Exercise Metabolism, 23: 287-296.
- Glidden, Alison R., King, Douglas S. FACSM, Hsu, Walter, H., & Sullivan, Zebblin M. The blunted insulin release after exercise and the relationship with incretin: Medicine and Science and Sports & Exercise: May 2011. 43(5):671. (Abstract # 2466).
- Yan, Huimin; Weber, Todd M.; Sullivan, Zebblin M.; Sharp, Rick L. FACSM; King, Douglas S. FACSM. (2009). The Effect Of Sodium And Carbohydrate In A Rehydration Food On Subsequent Exercise Performance. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: May 2009. 41(5):191. (Abstract # 116).
- Star Teacher Award Recipient, Iowa Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (IAHPERD) State Convention. Ames, IA. October 3, 2014.
- Iowa State University Graduate College Teaching Excellence Award, Summer 2010 - Recognizes and encourages outstanding achievement by graduate students in teaching. The intent is to recognize up to 10% of the graduate students involved in teaching each year.
- Kinesiology Doctoral Teaching Award, Spring 2010 - Recognizes outstanding teaching by a graduate assistant pursuing a doctoral degree.
- Spending time with my family
- Exercise and physical activity
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View is a student-centered university. The entire faculty, staff, and administration deeply care about the success of our students and graduates.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My students; I cherish the time I get to spend with them in and out of the classroom. I am constantly impressed, yet seldom surprised, by their accomplishments.