Dr. Michelle Schulze
Title: Assistant Professor of Education (ELL)
Office: Rasmussen Center 234
Dr. Schulze has 20 years of experience in K-12 schools in Missouri and Kansas. She has taught French, ELL, and coached a variety of sports. She was also a 6-12 principal. During her 11 years of teaching ELL, she taught all levels of K-12 at various times. She is married and has one daughter.
- Doctorate of Educational Leadership - Baker University (2015)
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Certification - Southeast Missouri State University (2006)
- Master of Liberal Arts with emphasis in history - Baker University (2003)
- Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education and French - University of Central Missouri (1996)
GV Start Date
Areas of Expertise
- English Language Learners
- Summer School
- "Effects of a Summer School Reading Intervention Program for Grades 3 and 4 in a Suburban District," Baker University dissertation. (2015)
- M. Schulze, Internet Resources Made Simple: Core Subjects and College Test Prep 101 Sites for Teachers and Students, Lulu. (2011)
- M. Schulze, Adult Internet Resources Made Simple: 101 Sites for Teachers and Students, Lulu. (2010)
- M. Schulze, ESL Internet Resources Made Simple: 101 Sites for Teachers and Students, Lulu. (2010)
- M. Schulze, ESL Made Simple: Differentiated Instruction Tips for Classroom Teachers, Lulu. (2009)
Honors & Awards
- Raymore-Peculiar School District Teacher of the Year Nominee (2008)
- University of Central Missouri Modern Languages Department Alumni of the Year (2006)
- University of Central Missouri Summa Cum Laude graduate (1996)
- University of Central Missouri Charno Finalist (1996)
- University of Central Missouri Distinguished Scholar (1995)
- Crown Point High School, Crown Point, IN Co-Valedictorian (1992)
- Spending time with family
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|GVU faculty and staff work hard to make sure that they get to know each student, including their current needs and future goals. Staff and faculty are committed to making GVU a place that welcomes all students. Campus is a small community with all the amenities of Des Moines.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|I enjoy working with the colleagues in my department and with all of the students at GVU.