Mentor Coaching Skills Training
This skills training is an online/blended course that introduces the participant to the WHY? HOW? and WHAT? of compassionate listening. The WHY of compassionate listening is "caring enough about another person to hear the story in their story." The HOW of compassionate listening involves active listening, discovery learning, and the IDEA method of mentor-coaching. And the WHAT of compassionate listening is "to help others become better versions of themselves and more effective leaders in the spheres of influence." This training takes one month to complete and involves watching video sessions, review tests, discussion posts, and two in-person Zoom meetings (one at the beginning and the second one at the end of the training).
Starts on Monday, August 28, and ends on Sunday, September 24, 2023 (Registration closes on Thursday, August 24, 2023 and access to Blackboard begins on Friday, August 25, and the first Zoom meeting is on Monday, August 28)
Registration and Course Process:
- Sign up and pay for M-C Skills Training
- OPTIONAL: Purchase textbook via Amazon.com - The Compassionate Listener (The Compassionate Trilogy) by Dr. Paul G. Leavenworth
- Participate in a 1-hour live Zoom Introduction Session (recorded for participants who cannot attend),
- Complete watching the video presentations for each Session (based on the weekly training schedule),
- Successfully complete Session Review Tests,
- Respond to Session Exercises and Discussion Questions,
- Participate in a 1-hour live Zoom Discussion Session (recorded for participants who cannot attend).