Grand Views 2023
Join us for Grand View University’s version of TED Talks, where we invite the GV community to spread ideas worth sharing and give speakers a venue to voice innovative and thought-provoking concepts.
Tuesday, September 26, 2023
4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Speed Lyceum, Henning Student Center
Grand View University
2811 E 14th Street
Started in 2022, this annual event will again feature two speakers (seven minutes each) in the following categories:
- Research & Learning
- Community & Belonging
- Creativity & Expression
- Vocation & Character
This year we are accepting nominations for speakers. Nominations are open to faculty, staff, students and alumni (both as the nominator and the nominee).
August 22, 2023 - All nominations are due
September 8, 2023 - Speakers will be selected and notified
September 18, 2023 - Speakers’ bios & brief descriptions of talks due
September 24, 2023 - Speakers' final presentations due
Thank you for your nomination - we look forward to seeing you at this year's Grand Views!
View Nomination Form
|2022 Topics and Speakers
RESEARCH & LEARNING
- “The Power of What We Don’t Know” – Bonnie Hall, Associate Professor of Chemistry
- “Lifelong Learning: All Ships Rise” – Carrie Sponheim, Director of Annual Giving and Chris Lee, Vice President for Administration and Finance
COMMUNITY & BELONGING
- “What If...?” – Amy Schumann, Assistant Professor of Spanish
- “Belonging in the Yin and Yang” – Stephen Sporer, Associate Vice President for Advancement
CREATIVITY & EXPRESSION
- “Connecting Disciplines, Traveling Often and Touching the Wild” – Paul Brooke, Professor of English
- “Chameleon in the Cornfield-Being Black at a PWI” – Miradieu Joseph, Head Coach, Track & Field and Cross Country
VOCATION & CHARACTER
- “Your Feelings are Irrelevant” – Nick Mitchell, Head Coach, Men’s Wrestling/Assistant Director of Athletics
- “The Room Where it Happens” – Steve Snyder, Professor of Humanities