Dr. Kristine Owens
Title: Assistant Professor of Psychology
Dept.: Psychology, Sociology
Office: Rasmussen Center 228
- Doctor of Education degree - Post Secondary Educational Leadership from the University of Northern Iowa
- Education Specialist degree - Adult Education from Drake University
- Masters of Arts degree - Human Services Agency Administration from the University of Northern Iowa
- LMSW - Masters of Social Work degree from the University of Iowa.
- Graduate certificate in Positive Psychology from University of Missouri (December 2018)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Disability services and education
- Developmental psychology
- Health and well-being
- Program evaluation
Research / Accomplishments
- Research Owens, K., Doyle, M. & Matz, J. (2016). English language learners and faculty voices: A needs analysis.
- Unpublished manuscript, Mercy College of Health Sciences, Des Moines, IA.
- Owens, K. & Hedberg, C. (2008). Using directed self-placement to involve students in writing course placement, eSource for College Transitions, 5(5), p.9-11
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View University offers small class sizes and many curricular and co-curricular opportunities to enhance student learning.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|As a faculty member, I facilitate student learning by making authentic connections with the curriculum. Students ask meaningful questions that guide classroom discussions, which is one of my favorite aspects of teaching at Grand View University.