Emergency Grant Funds
Grand View University has resources to help students weather financial emergencies through the GV Cares Emergency Fund and GV Cares Fast Fund. Students can apply for small grants to help cover unexpected expenses just beyond their means, which allow them to quickly return focus to their academic pursuits.
GV Cares Emergency Fund
Beginning Fall 2017, Grand View has awarded student emergency grants of up to $500. Qualified expenses are paid within 48 hours of an approved application. Students also will be referred to additional campus, community, and financial literacy resources to help address root causes or contributing factors to the financial emergencies, and help students stay on track to graduate. The GV Cares Emergency Fund is made possible by the generous donations of staff, faculty members, alumni and friends of Grand View.
- Must be a part- or full-time undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student at Grand View.
- May be necessary to provide documentation (bill, repair estimates, late notice) for the financial emergency for which the student is applying to receive the grant.
|What Qualifies as an Emergency?
To qualify for the GV Cares Emergency Fund, the student must be experiencing a financial emergency – defined as an unforeseen expense that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student's departure from Grand View University and a loss of momentum toward degree completion.
Examples of unforeseen expenses and required documentation include, but are not limited to:
- Any support related to COVID-19 emergencies
- Assistance with rent (a late notice or copy of lease)
- Childcare (a letter from childcare provider)
- Car repair (mechanic’s estimate)
- Medical/dental expenses (medical bill)
- Public transportation/bus pass
All expenses must have documentation. Examples of appropriate documentation include, but are not limited to bills, repair estimates, price quotes, rental agreements, invoices, late notices, etc.
APPLY FOR GV CARES EMERGENCY FUNDING
For more information, please contact Michelle Martin, Director of Student Accounts at (515) 263-2941 or GV Cares directors,
Ms. Julie Bantz at (515) 263-2847 or Ms. Pam Christoffers at (515) 263-6023.
Additional Resources for Students
Student Relief Resources