Mr. Dayne Logan
Title: Assistant Professor of Communication
Office: Student Center 148
Dayne is a teacher, writer, editor, run-on-sentence slayer, and alliteration advocate. You can learn more about him below.
- B.A. Mass Communication (Print Journalism) from Kansas State University
- M.A. in Journalism (Magazine Editing and New Media) from University of Missouri
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Digital journalism
Research / Accomplishments
- Advisor to Viewfinder Media
- 2017 Iowa College Media Association News Media Outlet of the Year
- Ongoing freelance work for three publications: Bryn Mawr Alumnae Bulletin, Allstate NOW, Kybele E-News
- Faculty Student Engagement Mini-Grant, 2015 ($200)
- Faculty Student Engagement Mini-Grant, 2016 ($200)
Professional Membership & Activities
- Member of the American Copy Editors Society
- Vice-President of the Iowa College Media Association (Summer 2017 - present)
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View's communication program is a true learning laboratory where courses often collide with the real world. Our students produce work for real audiences (not just their professors) and learn what it means to be a professional by actually doing professional work (not just learning about it).
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|Grand View is a small school in a big city — by Midwest standards anyway. Small class sizes ensure I get to know my students well, and the large metro area ensures I can connect my students with people and companies that can jumpstart their careers.