Title: Lecturer of Business Administration
Dept.: Business Administration
Roger is an accomplished interdisciplinary project manager and attorney, with international hands-on experience in legal and governmental reform and restructuring, public policy formation, business and organizational development, and in fashioning legal and political remedies to pressing, local, national and transnational issues. He is also an interactive college and university teacher and trainer who brings passion from his professional and personal life experiences to the classroom and training session, to stimulate and challenge his pupils.
Roger is a published author and lecturer whose writings have been cited in text books, scholarly works, state annotated code books, legal and professional journals, including the Harvard Law Journal, and in law briefs to courts, including the United States Supreme Court.
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa (May 1976)
- B.A., St. Mary's University of Minnesota, Winona, MInnesota (May 1972)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- International project management
- Teaching and training
- Intergovernmental relations
- State and municipal government law and operations
- Business and association building and development
- Roger A. Nowadzky, A Comparative Analysis of Public Records Statutes, 28 URB. LAW. 65 (1996).
- Roger A. Nowadzky, Lawyering Your Municipality Through a Natural Disaster or Emergency, 27 URB. LAW. 9 (1995) reprinted in (1995) Current Municipal Problems, (3)(2) and by Mathew Binder & Co., Inc. (1995) as a separate published and disseminated article.
- Model Disaster Planning Ordinance and Commentary, IMLA Model Ordinance Service, published by the International Municipal Lawyers Association, (1996 and republished periodically).
- Numerous articles in Cityscape Municipal Magazine published by the Iowa League of Cities, and republished in other publications, and articles in the Municipal Lawyer Magazine published by the International Municipal Lawyers Association, on various legal and municipal related subjects.(1989 - 2006).
Honors / Awards / Certifications
- AIB College of Business "Adjunct Instructor of the Year" 2008.
- Department Director of the Des Moines City Legal Department, which was a 1994 semifinalist for the American Bar Association's Hodson Award for Public Service, for its professionalism and leadership in providing immediately a workable legal framework under which the City operated during the Flood of 1993. (August 1994).
- Licensed to practice law before the United States Supreme Court, the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, and in the State of Iowa.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- Member of the Iowa Bar
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Iowa Municipal Attorneys Association
- Polk County Bar Association Member
- Marshall County Bar Association Member
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|What makes Grand View unique from the other colleges and universities where I have taught is the supportive attitude of faculty, staff and administration. The university provides a positive environment for student personal, social, and spiritual responsibility.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|I really enjoy engaging students in class discussions with an emphasis on critical thinking, social consciousness, and global awareness. Grand View provides a safe and positive environment for nurturing student academic, intellectual, and personal growth.