Title: Prof of Practice Bus (Finance) Level I
Dept.: Business Administration
Office: Krumm Center 22
- University of Colorado at Boulder - MS Accountancy and BA Economics
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy
- Business Operations
Research / Accomplishments
Affiliated Grand View's BA in Business Administration degree with a concentration in finance with the CFA Institute, which administers testing for and issues the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation. This affiliation validates that the finance concentration curriculum covers over 70% of the body of knowledge required for the CFA examinations. Grand View is one of only six institutes of higher learning in Iowa having achieved this status.
Received Grand View's Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award in 2020.
Current Teaching Curriculum
- BSAD 311 Operations Management
- BSAD 352 Corporate Finance
- BSAD 422 Intermediate Corporate Finance
- BSAD 450 Business Capstone
- BSGR 555 Financial Management
Professional Memberships & Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, since 1980
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts, since 1986
- Iowa Society of CPAs, since 1980
- CFA Iowa Society, since 1986
- Midwest Academy of Management, since 2019
- International travel, primarily in Europe
- World history, with an emphasis on European history
- World languages. Speaks French and German, and retains some understanding of Russian, Spanish and Italian
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|For me, Grand View is unique because it offers the opportunity for students and faculty to develop academic relationships over several courses, in contrast to the fleeting, one-time transactional approach often experienced at the extra-large universities.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part about teaching at Grand View is the opportunity it offers to transfer knowledge and to provide a long-term positive influence on young people, and those who come to higher-education in mid-career.