Title: Assist Professor of Business (Finance)
Dept.: Business Administration
Office: Krumm Center 22
- University of Colorado at Boulder - MS Accountancy and BA Economics
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy
- Business Operations
Research / Accomplishments
- Completed his first year teaching at Grand View University.
- Macro and Asset Allocation Outlook, Benjamin Mandel, PhD, Morgan Stanley Asset Management, Iowa CFA Society, 13 September 2017
- Observation of Chicago Board of Options Exchange, Chicago Illinois, 28 July 2017
- CFA Institute Financial Analyst Seminar, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 24-27 July 2017
- Lunch with Leaders, Iowa Society of CPAs, 11 May 2017
- Economics Presentation, Iowa CFA Society, 11 January 2017
Current Teaching Curriculum
BSAD 311B - Operations Management (28 students)
BSAD 352A - Corporate Finance (27 students)
BSAD 352B - Corporate Finance (26 students)
BSAD 422A - Intermediate Corporate Finance (1 student)
BSAD 450 B2ML - Business Capstone Seminar (22 students)
Professional Memberships & Activities
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, since 1980
Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts, since 1986
- Tom and his wife enjoy international travel, focused primarily on Europe.
- European history and languages, including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Russian.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|For me, Grand View is unique because it offers the opportunity for students and faculty to develop academic relationships over several courses, in contrast to the fleeting, one-time transactional approach often experienced at the extra-large universities.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part about teaching at Grand View is the opportunity it offers to transfer knowledge and to provide a long-term positive influence on young people, and those who come to higher-education in mid-career.