All students have the opportunity to create an individualized program, which gives you the chance to fashion a specialized course of study, or academic program, of your own design. This is an appealing alternative if your interests or career goals aren't met by one of the more traditional programs offered at Grand View.
When you choose this option you'll begin the process of creating an individualized program by selecting a Grand View faculty member to work with you to develop a proposal. This proposal must include the following: rationale, objectives and a detailed list of courses that will comprise the major. It must be presented to the Curriculum and Educational Policy Committee of the faculty for approval before the end of the first semester of your junior year.
Recent majors approved by the Curriculum and Educational Policy Committee have covered such topics as:
- Strategic Planning
- Communications Management
- International Cultural Photography
- 45 semester credits in three or more academic departments including no more than 18 hours from a single department and a total of at least 24 upper division hours.
- All Individualized Majors must be designed with the help of an academic advisor and approved by the Curriculum Committee.
- All students who design a proposal for an individualized major are also strongly encouraged to include an internship experience in that proposal.
- All of these courses will be counted in computing the 2.2 GPA required for this major.