The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program is authorized by Congress under Title 38, Code of Federal Regulations, Chapter 31. It is sometimes referred to as the Chapter 31 program or Voc. Rehab. The VR&E program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, VR&E offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
Chapter 31 Handout
To use Vocational Rehab at Grand View University you must first meet with a VR&E counselor and be approved.
Once approved for an educational program by your counselor you will:
- Apply and be accepted as a student at Grand View University (if you are not already a student).
- Request all military transcripts (Joint Services Transcript and/or CCAF) be released to Grand View.
- Work with an academic advisor to register for classes in your program of study.
- Notify the Military Certifying Official of your registration.
Your VR&E counselor will provide a VA Form 28-1905 (Authorization for Benefits).
The Veterans Service Office will:
- Certify your registration to your VR&E counselor.
- Notify Student Accounts that Voc. Rehab will pay for your tuition.
Student Accounts will:
- Place funds on your Grand View University account to purchase books and supplies at the Grand View University Bookstore.
- Funds will be available generally 1-2 weeks prior to the start date of your classes.