Applying for Readmission

Students who have not attended Grand View for two or more consecutive semesters (not including summer) must reapply for admission by completing the online application for admission.

Students who have attended another institution since leaving Grand View are required to submit current official transcripts from those institutions attended.

Suspended Students

Students who are returning to Grand View University after an academic suspension must complete the following additional requirements to be considered for readmission:

  1. Cease course work at Grand View for a minimum of one fall or spring semester.
  2. Complete college courses from an accredited institution of higher education other than Grand View. Must be able to demonstrate ability to be successful in college level course work.
  3. Apply for readmission to Grand View University. An Application for Readmission may be obtained from the Office of Admissions or online.
  4. Submit current official transcripts from all institutions attended since leaving Grand View regardless of whether credit was earned.
  5. Submit a Petition for Readmission for a Suspended Student form. Students must petition the Academic Advising and Progression Committee showing evidence of substantial improvement in their ability to perform college level work.

Deployed Veterans

A student who is called to active duty in the United States Armed Forces or the National Guard or Reserve for a period of more than 30 days is entitled to re-enroll at Grand View University providing the student meets the following requirements:

  • The cumulative length of the student’s absence from Grand View because of service on active duty does not exceed five years.
  • The student notifies Grand View upon completion of service that he or she intends to re-enroll at the University; and the student has not been discharged from the Armed Forces with a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge.

The following policies and procedures are provided in order to minimize disruptions or inconveniences for students fulfilling their military responsibilities.

  1. If called to active duty, a student should contact the VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office to complete a withdrawal form unless the student cannot provide notice because the mission is classified.  Verification of military deployment should be submitted with the completed withdrawal form.
  2. If the student is called to active military service before the mid-point of a term, the University will withdraw them from all courses and refund their tuition.
  3. If the student is called to active military service at the mid-point of the term or later, the student may remain enrolled in their courses and will be assigned an I grade (Incomplete) for each course in which they are enrolled.  In such a case, no adjustment of tuition charges will occur.  Students have until the end of the next academic term following their release from military service to complete the course.  Failure to do so will result in the I grade becoming an F grade.
  4. A student receiving Veteran’s Benefits should notify the VA Certifying Official in order to complete required documents.
  5. Grand View University scholarship awards will be preserved for students holding such awards when called to active duty.
  6. During the first academic year of their return, the veteran will be assessed the same tuition and fee charges as were in effect during the academic year he/she left the program (veterans or other service member education benefits may be taken in to account) or up to the amount of tuition and fee charges that other students in the program are assessed for that academic year, if veteran’s education benefits, as defined in section 480(c) of the HEA, or other service member education benefits, will pay the amount in excess of the tuition and fee charges assessed for the current academic year in which the student left Grand View.