Recruitment & Posting Policies
To ensure fair and ethical recruiting on our campus, we have implemented the following recruitment and posting policies:
- Our staff works only with employers who comply with EEO and Affirmative Action principles in recruiting activities.
- We reserve the right to refuse/cancel the posting of any position that is deemed inappropriate or questionable.
Criteria for posting internships:
- Compensation- Grand View awards academic credit for both paid and unpaid internships. Our expectation is that our employer partners adhere to the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines found here, which govern paid and unpaid internships. Grand View University encourages you to provide paid experiences for students, as this encourages a richer and more productive work experience. Many college students must pass up unpaid internships in favor of paid work - out of necessity.
We will not post, approve or market positions if:
- The position(s) requires a fee/payment or investment for the student
- The position is temporary and based on commission only
- The third-party recruiter requires an applicant-paid fee.
- The employment opportunity involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales
- The posting company is unwilling to provide information about their services and/or specifics about the job opportunity
- The third-party recruiter does not disclose (in the posting or to the student) the name(s) of the client(s) that the third party recruiter is representing and to whom the student’s credentials will be disclosed.
Disclaimer: Institutional decisions about whether or not to approve a job posting are solely at the discretion of the University.