“The future of American society will rest with people who can think and act with informed grace across ethnic, cultural and linguistic lines. In the world that is coming, if you can’t navigate difference, you’ve had it.” - Robert Hughes
Grand View University recognizes the differences and similarities among races, nations, cultures and their various histories and has developed university-wide efforts to affirm and encourage pride in our diversity.
You’ll find multicultural programs, international student services, student organizations, and lots of opportunities to enrich your educational experience. We offer programs that challenge students to think critically, engage in a diverse campus environment, and further academic and personal development. Let’s explore the diverse world in which we live.
Grand View University provides a learning and working environment that promotes and values diversity through respectful dialogue and enriching opportunities, leading to a vibrant community whose members are strengthened by their unique combination of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Actualizing our mission:
- We provide opportunities for meaningful interaction and respectful dialogue so that our investigation of the world of ideas and pursuit of knowledge and truth is enriched by understanding the multiple perspectives of our community members.
- We challenge and support each other to understand how various backgrounds, experiences, and orientations affect our view of the world.
- We become more sensitive and appreciate differences.
- We encourage our community of learners to explore the diverse experiences available on our campus and beyond.
- We treat all members of our community with mutual respect, acceptance, and kindness, leading to positive relationships among its members.