Title: Assistant Professor of Kinesiology
Office: Wellness Center B213
- B.A. Athletic Training at the University of Northern Iowa (2011)
- M.S. Exercise Science, concentration: Athletic Training at the University of Toledo (2013)
- Ph.D. Kinesiology, concentration: Biomechanics at Iowa State University (in progress)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Sports Nutrition
- Athletic Training
- ACL implications during jump landing
- Star Excursion Balance Test (SEBT) and dynamic balance related to knee and ankle injury
- Barbara E. Forker Graduate Scholarship
- Iowa State University Preparing Future Faculty Scholar, Fellow, and Associate Certificate
- College of Human Sciences Graduate Scholarship
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning Teaching-as-Research Project Funding (x3)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (August 2017)
- Red Cross Sports Injury Prevention, First Aid and Safety (December 2015)
- Instructor for Adult and Pediatric CPR, First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) (August 2013 - 2015)
- Licensed Athletic Trainer, State of Ohio, OPPTAT Board (August 2011 - 2013)
- Certified Athletic Trainer, NATA Board of Certification (May 2011 - present)
- American Society of Biomechanics (September 2014 - 2016)
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (May 2010 - present)
- Great Lakes Athletic Trainers' Association (May 2010 - present)
- Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association (July 2011 - August 2013)
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View is unique because of the diversity of the student population. The smaller campus climate as well as the passion of the professors provide the perfect academic environment. Class sizes are small enough for meaningful interaction and professors know students' names. The quality of education and relationships are unparalleled.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part about working at Grand View is the interaction with my students and colleagues. I enjoy the relationships and rapport I build with my advisees and students in the classroom. The department and faculty are a cohesive unit and it creates a very enjoyable work environment.