Private education loans are available to help families fill the gap in paying for college. They should never be your primary funding source. Exhaust all of your other options including our no interest payment plan, savings, summer work, work study and outside scholarships before you borrow any type of private education loan.
All of the information provided below is reviewed annually to ensure that the lenders listed continue to adhere to our criteria. Any loan options that no longer adhere to our criteria are removed, and new loan options are added.
You are free to select any lender you choose, including those not presented. If you choose a lender that is not presented, please follow the provided instructions to complete the application process. Application processing will not be delayed unnecessarily if you choose a lender not presented.
Our officials are prohibited from accepting any financial or other benefits in exchange for displaying lenders and loan options in FASTChoice. Prohibited activities include:
- receiving compensation to serve on any lender board of directors or advisory boards;
- accepting gifts including trips, meals, and entertainment;
- allowing lenders to staff our institution's financial aid office;
- allowing lenders to place our institution's name or logo on any of their products;
- and owning of lenders' stock (for college officials who make financial decisions for our institution).
Some things to consider before selecting a private loan:
- Accept all grant, scholarship and federal funding before applying for a private loan.
- Private loans usually take anywhere between 2-6 weeks to process so begin the process as early as possible.
- Most loans require a credit-worthy cosigner if the main applicant does not meet all the credit criteria.
- Only borrow what you will need for the school year
- Any other questions, please contact the Financial Aid office at (515) 263-2820.
The lenders and loan options presented in FASTChoice are composed of all lenders used by Grand View students within the last 3 years. Grand View believes that the choice of a private loan lender is a decision you must make. You need to weigh the pros and cons of each loan product to find the one that best meets your needs. Some questions to examine when determining what private loan product to choose are:
- Does the loan require a co-signer?
- Is there a co-signer release option?
- How much is the origination fee?
- How much is the interest rate?
- When does loan repayment begin?
Your Next Steps
After completing the loan application, your lender may require you to submit income and tax documentation. Federal regulations also require you to view and accept additional disclosures after the loan is approved.
Your loan funds will not be sent to the school and your loan will be canceled if the additional steps listed below are not completed in a timely manner.
- View and accept your Approval Disclosure
- View your Final Disclosure
- Complete a Private Loan Self-Certification Form