Title: Lecturer of Sociology
Jeffrey J. Weiss is an adjunct professor in Political Science at Grand View University. He has also been teaching at Des Moines Area Community College for the past 16 years. This Fall he taught an accelerated course in 'Comparative Government' that included an analysis of the recent national elections in Norway and Germany.
- My master's thesis was "How Media Report Dissent: A Content Analysis of the New York Times coverage of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X.
Start Date at Grand View
- I have been teaching off and on since 2006.
Areas of Expertise
- International Relations
- How the United Nations works
- History of terrorism and political violence
- International law
Research / Accomplishments
- Weiss has been published in a handful of magazines and newspapers.
- Conducted workshops at several universities, colleges, churches, and civic organizations on the topic of terrorism and political violence.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View has an administration and staff that takes the time to work closely with students.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|The discussions in the classroom are interesting, given the serious topics that are part of the courses in the social sciences.