Dr. David Hannum
Title: Lecturer of Business Administration
Dept.: Business Administration
David has over 25 years experience teaching at the undergraduate collegiate level in both on ground, blended/hybrid and online environments as well as over 40 years of professional experience to include P&L responsibilities, consulting, human resources, marketing, sales, management, military and technical operations in wide range of venues, both in domestic and international locations. He also holds two-plus graduate degrees and is currently working on a Doctor in Business Administration (DBA). At Grand View, David teaches courses in both traditional and non-traditional formats; all modalities. He is also the president and principle owner of his own consulting company.
- B.S. Aeronautics: Embry Riddle University
- M.S. Technology (MBA equivalent): Eastern Illinois University
- M.S. Human Resources Management: Chapman University
- DBA (ABD): Baker Graduate School, Baker College
- Additional graduate course work in economics from the University of Oklahoma
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Business Administration
Research / Accomplishments
- A number of national awards for application oriented projects.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View is unique thanks to its small class sizes and a student population who is academically focused in all modalities.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part about working at Grand View as a part time faculty is being made to feel as an integral part of the university and not looked at as simply an "adjunct" faculty member.
- “Dr. Hannum reached out to me when I reached a low point in the semester, with life throwing many curve balls and the pressure got overwhelming and so intense, I was going to quit. Dr. Hannum emailed, texted and reached out to me to encourage me to take one bite at a time and that there are opportunities to finish strong. Even the strongest have weaknesses. I am so grateful for his encouraging words of wisdom and showing me that he really cared as a person. I will forever remember the impact he made on my education and my choices of hanging in there. Today, I know I am still a student through hard work, determination to not let go of a dream and encouragement from Dr. Hannum. He really has made a difference in my life. Thank you. The entire staff was willing to work with my situation. Grand View University really cares about their students.” - Regina King