Dr. Simone Alekno
Title: Assistant Professor of Education
Office: Rasmussen Center 237
- K-8 Reading Endorsement - Grand View University, Des Moines, IA (Spring 2018)
- Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction (Emphasis on Assessment) - Capella University, Minneapolis, MN (2012)
- Published dissertation: “Teachers’ Beliefs and Practices Regarding Neuromyths” (2012)
- Master of Arts: Social Studies Education - University of Iowa (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts: Anthropology - University of Iowa (1999)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Social Studies Education
- Educational Leadership
- Data Driven Instruction
- Urban Education
- Culturally Responsive Education
Research / Accomplishments
- Mixed Methods Study: Conducted mixed methods study on teachers’ beliefs regarding neuromyths, which are beliefs that teachers hold from Brain-Based Education.
- Water colors
- Spending time with family and dogs
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|I chose Grand view because I love the students' willingness to engage in intellectual discussions with an open mind. I find that the small size of Grand View allows professors to provide individualized education to our students.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part of working at Grand View is collaborating with my colleagues and working with my students and advisees.