Certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Completely Online! Grand View now offers a 24-credit graduate certificate program in clinical mental health counseling. This program allows students who have completed other graduate programs in counseling-related areas, such as school counseling or marriage and family counseling to complete the Iowa educational requirements for Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
1. A master’s degree from a CACREP-accredited counseling program (any concentration) (e.g., school counseling)
2. A transcript from the college or university where you earned your graduate degree in a CACREP accredited counseling program.
3. Cumulative graduate GPA of 3.00 or greater (based on all hours attempted)
4. Professional Resume
5. Two letters of recommendation
6. Graduate Statement of Purpose (500 words). This document should address the following:
• Your interest in the program, including the identification of short-term and long-term career goals
• Your skills and experiences that will contribute to the program
• Your Expectations of the program
After completing the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Certificate, you will:
- Have knowledge, awareness and skills related to counseling work and diverse groups
- Understand how human growth and developmental stages interact with counseling process
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills related to building, maintaining and utilizing counseling relationships to address mental health issues and meet client goals
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, de-escalate and appropriately intervene in crisis setting involving clients experiencing trauma, significant instability and risk of suicide
Graduate study has often kept non-traditional students away due to barriers such as finances or life circumstances (e.g., disability). This is why this program is perfect for an individual who needs flexibility. Our online, eight-week courses allow students to work around their schedules. Each week, students will be expected to review the course materials, participate in learning activities and complete required assignments. All online classes are led by faculty who are licensed practitioners, leaders, and researchers in the field of counseling and whose work is prominent in the field.
View Course Requirements
For more information about enrolling in the certificate program, contact email@example.com or 515-263-6183.