Certificate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Entirely Online!
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is a priority for businesses and organizations as they strive to create inclusive workplaces where employees can thrive, use their full potential and create a more welcoming workplace. Grand View’s online DEI certificate prepares the student to understand the impact of discrimination, oppression and biased policies and practices and apply the knowledge to create, change, and sustain socially just environments.
This Certificate Program will:
- Provide students with the practical knowledge to understand the challenges surrounding equity, inclusion and cultural consciousness.
- Prepare students to be leaders who understand the change process necessary to implement effective organizational DEI initiatives.
- Give students the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussions, activities, curriculum and projects to promote and support DEI.
Requirements for the Certificate: 12 credits
Courses are 8-weeks long and may be taken one after another during the same semester.
Developing Socially Just Policy (3 credits) First offering Spring 2023
Students will analyze ways in which policies influence institutions and impact human life. Students will identify alternative solutions to social problems by looking at the historical perspective of the social problem, practice advocacy skills and develop a plan for organizational change with a diversity, equity and inclusion focus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Leadership (3 credits) First offering Fall 2023
Students will explore how effective leaders assess themselves and collaborate with individuals and teams to manage conflict, negotiate change, and effectively communicate. Students will apply knowledge to practice through strategies such as modeling behaviors, setting behavioral expectations, and challenging inappropriate behaviors and practices. Offered Spring.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Organizational Behavior (3 credits) First offering Fall 2022
Students will learn how to create an environment where diversity, equity and inclusiveness are fostered to create inclusive relationships. This course will examine how policies impact how organizations operate. Offered Fall.
Social and Economic Determinants of Inequities (3 credits) First offering Spring 2022
The course will examine determinants and evidence-based practices to address selected social, political, and economic factors. Offered Fall.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
- Application to Grand View University
- Official transcript from institution where bachelor's degree was earned
The program cost is $530 per credit hour. There is an online course fee of $30 per credit hour.
For more information about enrolling in the certificate program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-263-6183.