National Guard Education Assistance Program (NGEAP)
NGEAP is a state-funded program that pays schools directly for the cost of tuition for members of the Iowa Army and Air National Guard. The amount received will be determined each year based on annual appropriation by the Iowa state legislature. NGEAP does not cover summer courses. NGEAP does not pay fees. For more information on NGEAP please visit the Iowa National Guard’s website.
To be eligible to apply for and receive NGEAP you must:
- Be an Iowa resident (determined by the Adjutant General of Iowa)
- Be an active member of the Iowa Army or Air National Guard (satisfactory performance of duty)
- Have completed Initial Entry Training (Basic Training and AIT or Tech Training)
- Have not met the academic requirements for a baccalaureate degree or received NGEAP for more than 120 semester hours
- Attend a North Central Association-accredited community college, university or private college or university in Iowa
Applying for Benefits
The deadline to apply for NGEAP is generally July 1 for the fall semester and December 1 for the spring semester. If you attend Grand View both fall and spring semesters you only need to apply once.