Application Requirements

We encourage you to take advantage of the array of knowledgeable support resources we have in place at Grand View University. Once you’re on campus, you’ll find friendly faculty and staff who are committed to assisting our veterans and military personnel in receiving a first-class education.

If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our Admissions Office at admissions @, or call (515) 263-2810 or (800) 444-6083.

Military or Veteran Student Checklist

  1. Complete a free application for admission.
  2. Submit your transcripts.The VA requires Grand View University to evaluate and report all transfer credit including all colleges attended and all military training completed.
  3. Veterans and current service members can receive college credit for military experience. If you were in the Army, Navy or Marines you can request a Joint Services Transcript (JST). If you were in the Air Force, you can request an official transcript from the Air University Transcript Requests. Transcripts should be obtained from the specific military branch and mailed to Office of Admissions, Grand View University, 1200 Grandview Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50316.
  4. Apply for benefits. Determine the right type of education benefit at or through the tuition assistance sites for your military branch(es). On, click on Apply For Benefits and submit the electronic application. Print a copy to share with our Grand View Certifying Officials, Dustin Reis or Shelby Williams. For tuition assistance programs, make sure to carefully follow their instructions and notify the Grand View Certifying Officials to look for you in the system (GoArmyEd, Al Portal, etc.).
  5. Complete the veterans worksheet. Submit this worksheet online. Provide the Grand View Certifying Officials with a printout of the VA application, a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter, or a screen shot of your eBenefits account that shows your education entitlement including delimiting date and eligibility percentage if Post 9/11. Reserve members should submit NOBE and Kicker contract, if applicable. If you have used VA benefits at another institution, complete the Request for Change of Program or Place of Training and provide evidence of its completion to our Grand View Certifying Officials, Dustin Reis or Shelby Williams.
  6. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  7. Apply for scholarships and grants. There are many opportunities for scholarships, grants, loans, and a variety of other financial aid resources to help offset student expenses.

Apply for Free

Download Checklist

Grand View Military or Veteran Contacts

Autumn Luce
Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
(515) 263-2811 or aluce @

(515) 263-2820 or finaid @

Dustin Reis
Loan Coordinator, GV Certifying Official
(515) 263-2819 or dreis @

Rick Eftink
Director of Graduate & Adult Admissions
(515) 263-2830 or reftink @

Heather Thomas
Director of Counseling Services
(515) 263-2986 or hthomas @

Haley Peeler
Director of the Career Center
(515) 263-2955 or hpeeler @

Michelle Martin
Director of Viking Central
(515) 263-2941 or mmartin @

Kristin Dvorak
(515) 263-2818 or kdvorak @

Shelby Williams
Academic Schedule & Data Coordinator, GV Certifying Official
(515) 263-6178or swilliams @

Crystal Fierro
Director of Accessibility Services
(515) 263-2971 or cfierro @