We are proud of the many community leaders that have graduated from Grand View and want to celebrate and encourage all of you to become a Grand View leader. For more information about NAC or YAC or how to be a part of these alumni leadership opportunities, contact us at alumni @ grandview.edu or (515) 263-2957.
Young Alumni Council
The Young Alumni Council (YAC) members are advocates that will work to keep alumni from the last 10 years connected to the Grand View community and find ways to serve this population. We foster a culture of continued engagement, the Young Alumni Council creates opportunities for alumni to strengthen the greater Grand View community.
The Young Alumni Council focuses on 3 different areas. Members work in these areas to serve the young alumni of the Grand View community.
- Student interaction – Provide opportunities for alumni to engage with students by mentoring, sharing their experiences and networking with current students.
- Volunteering – The Young Alumni Council works to promote and provide opportunities for young alumni to volunteer on campus and in the greater Des Moines Community. Alumni 10 years or less from graduation are invited to volunteer on the YAC.
- Building the community – Members of the Young Alumni Council work together to share opportunities and provide spaces for young alumni to connect across the country.
Check back soon for a more detailed list of YAC members!
- Hallie (Beeler '11) Havard - YAC Chair
If you're interested in being a part of the Young Alumni Council, contact alumni @ grandview.edu or (515) 263-2957.
National Alumni Council
Grand View University’s National Alumni Council (NAC) enables the University in furthering its mission to:
- Facilitate communication and community building about alumni, students and the University’s faculty and staff.
- Promote the University and enhance its image and reputation locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Strengthen relationships among alumni, students, the community, and the Church.
- Develop and support programs to meet the needs and interests of alumni and students, while embracing the priorities of the University.
- Encourage alumni and friends to support the University through ongoing participation in campus activities, volunteerism, and financial contributions.
NAC oversees several committees, which helps engage additional alumni in carrying out Grand View’s mission. See the possible leadership opportunities available to alumni below.
- Awards Committee – reviews annual NAC scholarship submissions and nominations for alumni awards.
- Events Committee – assists Alumni Relations department with developing events throughout the year, including Homecoming weekend each fall.
- Student/Alumni Connections Committee – focuses on programs and events that connect alumni directly with current students to provide mentoring and support.
- Viking Retiree Circle – comprised of alumni who are near or at retirement age. Coordinates volunteer opportunities on campus, along with developing events of interest to their demographic.
Here's the list of current National Alumni Council members:
- Nick Crawford '09
- Jen Downe '98
- Micholyn Fajen '97 (Vice President)
- Brooke Folette '13
- Robert Hamille '04
- Ashley Hartkorn '09
- Tony Hoaglund
- Diane Howe '83
- Adnan Junuzovic '03
- AJ Krist '12
- Aly Merschman '13
- John O'Bannon '96
- Holly Poort '09
- Scott Prickett '03 (President)
- Austin Strawhacker '11
- Chad Wagener '86
- Andy Wallace '95
- Casee Woodley '03