Mr. Mark Doerffel
Title: Assistant Professor of Music
Office: Cowles Center 146
- Bachelors of Music Education - Louisiana State University
- Masters of Music Education - Appalachian State University
- Ph.D. in Music Education (ABD) - University of Florida
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Music Education
- Brass (specifically trombone)
- Band Conducting
Research / Accomplishments
I've presented at conferences in Iowa, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Kansas, and Arkansas on the subjects:
- New Teacher Preparation
- Low Brass Pedagogy
- Technology Tools in the Music Classroom
- Classroom Management
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View is in a unique position because we have access to all the amenities that the Greater Des Moines area has to offer, all while still maintaining the small, intimate campus atmosphere.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|I appreciate the ability of students and faculty to interact with one another regularly to achieve the mutually shared goal of academic success in the classroom, which ultimately leads to success later on in life in their chosen careers.