Title: Lecturer of English
Kyle McCord is the author of Magpies in the Valley of Oleanders (Trio House 2016). He has work featured or forthcoming in AGNI, Blackbird, Boston Review, The Gettysburg Review, The Harvard Review, The Kenyon Review, Ploughshares, TriQuarterly and elsewhere. He is married to the visual artist Lydia Thies and lives in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Ph.D. in Creative Writing, University of North Texas, Denton, TX
- Dissertation director: Corey Marks
- Studied with Bruce Bond and B.H. Fairchild
- Completed in 2014
- M.F.A. in Creative Writing, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Amherst, MA
- Thesis director: James Tate
- Studied with Peter Gizzi and Dara Wier
- Completed in 2009
- Summer Writer’s Workshop, Iowa Writers’ Workshop
- Studied with James Galvin, Tessa Rumsey
- 2007-2008 B.A. in History, Beloit College, Beloit, WI
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Literary Theory
- H.P. Lovecraft
Research / Accomplishments
- Book Publications Magpies in the Valley of Oleanders
- Winner of the Trio House Open Competition
- Trio House Press (2016)
- You Are Indeed an Elk, But This is Not the Forest You Were Born to Graze, Gold Wake Press (2014)
- Sympathy from the Devil, Gold Wake Press (2013)
- Informal Invitations to a Traveler, Gold Wake Press (2011)
- Galley of the Beloved in Torment
- Winner of the 2009 Orphic Prize
- Dream Horse Press (2010)
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Its commitment to students of all stripes.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My incredible students and colleagues.