Grand View University hosts a select number of events each year offering first-year students an opportunity to earn additional scholarship dollars. On scholarship days, students are invited to visit the Grand View campus and compete at different levels based upon their talent and academic ability.
Trustee's and Presidential Scholarships
- Compete for full tuition scholarship
- Compete for multiple $5,000 awards
- Compete for multiple $3,000 awards
All non-winning attendees who participate in a scholarship day will receive a $1,000 Scholarship Competition Award. Plus, for any students coming to compete from out of state, non-winners will receive an additional $1,000 Discover Iowa Award.
- Compete for multiple $2,000 awards
Day of competition consists of:
- Written essay
- Interview with GV staff, faculty, and alumni
- Lunch with faculty in area of academic interest
- Tour of campus (optional)
- President's Reception - opportunity to talk with faculty, athletic coaches, student clubs and organizations and university offices
||Optional Campus Tour
||Welcome from President Kent Henning
|| Value in Higher Education (parents)
||Personal Interview (students)
|*The Grand View Bookstore, located in the Student Center, will be open from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
What to Expect
- Essay and Interview - The competition includes a 50-minute essay and a 15-minute personal interview. There are no wrong answers. We are looking for well-crafted, thought-provoking responses that directly reflect you as an individual. You will be competing only against students at your scholarship level.
- Dress for Success - We recommend students dress in a professional manner.
- Parent Participation - We encourage parents and/or guardians to accompany their students to this event.
- Have Fun! We look forward to getting to know more about you!