Study Abroad and Study Trip Scholarships
Grand View University values study abroad experiences and offers scholarships to qualified participating students. Through the Alice (Olsen ’60) and Dan Mikel ’60 Endowed Scholarship, The Merv E. Bro Scholarship, The Thorup Scholarship, and the Joan and Bertram Stivers Scholarship, students can apply for scholarship dollars to finance a portion of their travel experience.
Criteria for Study Abroad/Study Trip Scholarships:
All scholarships require:
- Students travel through a Grand View sanctioned program
- Students have financial need as indicated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Certain Scholarships are specific to:
- Studying in Denmark
- Semester and year long experiences
- Junior or 3rd year students
- April 15th for Fall and Summer semester study abroad programs/yearlong study abroad programs
- September 15th for spring semester study abroad programs
- December 1st for Grand View hosted May Term trips
By filling out the application below, you will automatically be considered for all scholarships you are eligible for. Questions? Contact 515-263-2935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students studying abroad for a semester or a year, please submit the following:
An essay of no more than 500 words which describes you:
1) Your reason for studying abroad
2) What you hope to learn/gain from the experience
3) How this experience will impact your understanding of your academic discipline (major) within an international context
Two letters of recommendations form Grand View faculty members. Letters of recommendation should be sent to Carrie Sponheim at email@example.com by the application deadline.
Upload your essay below.