2019 Faculty and Staff Recognition
May 9, 2019
President Henning and the Grand View Board of Trustees hosted the annual faculty and staff recognition lunch on Friday, April 26. It was a great way to express appreciation and congratulations to our colleagues.
Faculty and staff were recognized for 5 years at Grand View, all the way up to 45 years as a Viking. Congratulations to Luanne Knudsen ‘86, Assistant Director, Transfer Admissions for 40 years of employment and Lou Yacinich ‘61, Head Coach, Baseball, for 45 years.
Grand View retirees were also a part of the celebration:
- Ronda Hollensbe, Professor of Accounting - 33 years of service
- Ruth Lee, Library Acquisitions Assistant - 30 years of service
- Stephen Winzenburg, Professor of Communication - 29 years of service
- Brenda Carlson ‘82, Assistant Professor of Nursing - 27 years of service
- Douglas Wells, Assistant Professor of Art and Design - 12 years of service
Phil Weber, painter, was honored with The Excellence in Service Award. The award recognizes an outstanding staff member at Grand View University. Specifically, the award seeks to honor a staff member who:
1) Goes above and beyond their regular duties to positively impact all members of the Grand View community,
2) Performs in his/her position at an exemplary level, and
3) Shows passion, commitment, and enthusiasm for Grand View’s mission to engage, equip, and empower students and contributes to the vitality of the institution outside of required job duties. Examples include serving on standing or ad-hoc committees, volunteering at university-wide events such as commencement or Global Vision Week, participating in events such as the Summer Institute, and attending athletic and cultural events.
All full or part-time staff members are eligible to be nominated. President’s Council and faculty members are not eligible.
Congratulations Phil. Well deserved!!!
Photos of the event.