October 24, 2018
Ora and Eddie are best friends who zip around every neighborhood in Chicago on their fixie bikes. When Eddie is hit by a car, Ora is unable to let him go. She travels to the underworld to retrieve him, and faces multiple mythical underworld guardians and ghostly creatures from a variety of cultures. It's a wild ride (literally, on all sorts of bikes and scooters) to free Eddie from his fate.
This exciting co-production with DMACC Ankeny Theatre features nine Grand View performers and four production team members:
- Hannah Wall as Ferrywoman and Datsue-Ba
- Rachel Trimble as Persephone
- Payton Anderson as Light Hel
- Carley White as Hipster Ghost
- Isaiah Corona as Hipster Ghost
- Jonah Kruse Sound Assistant and Light Operator
- Caiti Ruczicka, Props Assistant, ASM
- Rachel Deboer, Sound Operator
Performances will be in the Grand View University Viking Theatre on Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
- FREE for Grand View Students, Faculty and Staff, $5 General
- Tickets available at the door/card or cash
- Box office opens one hour before show
- House opens 1/2 hour before show
Let's fill the house on THURSDAY- opening night! There will be a visiting respondent/selector from the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival attending that night. It would be great to fill our theatre with an audience!
On Friday night we are having a COSTUME CONTEST. There will be Zombie Burger gift cards for the best costumes (voted on by the actors after right after the performance). There will also be Halloween Snacks and Treats!