Dr. Kristen Myers
Title: Assistant Professor of Nursing
Office: Wellness Center B208
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Grand View University (2005)
- Master of Public Health from Des Moines University (2012)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Educator Specialization from Graceland University (2015)
- Graduate certificate in Survey Research Methods from University of Illinois at Chicago (2018)
- PhD in Nursing in progress from University of Missouri-Kansas City (2019)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Board certified in Public Health (CPH)
- Board certified in Nursing Education (CNE)
- Board certified in Infection Control (CIC)
- Psychiatric-mental health
Research / Accomplishments
- The STRATA Study: Structural Antecedents of Tdap Administration in Obstetrical Practices in Iowa
- Jonas Scholar 2016-2018
- 2017 Midwest Nursing Research Society annual conference - winner in PhD student poster competition
- 2012 Higdon Award for Excellence in Advanced Nursing Practice, Scholarship, and Community Leadership
- Iowa State Cyclone football and men's basketball
- Fitness challenges/obstacle courses
- Relay of Iowa
- Acrylic painting
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Student success is a top priority at Grand View. Not only do students have access to resources and support from our Student Success Center, but they also get the unique opportunity to work with a dedicated faculty advisor from their major for the duration of their time here. Advising provides students with personal and academic support throughout the program and allows students to build a meaningful relationship with an experienced professional working in their future career field.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|I love the caring atmosphere at Grand View. The campus is beautiful and quiet.