Ms. Coralie Turner
Title: Assistant Professor of Modern Language
Dept.: Modern Languages
Coralie grew up in Brazil, S.A. in a missionary family. At the age of 15 she came to the U.S. for high school where she met her Iowa husband. She attended the University of Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls for undergraduate and graduate school. Have always loved teaching and languages.
- Master of Arts, Spanish Education, University of Northern Iowa (May 1997)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Northern Iowa (December 1976)
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Spanish Portuguese Culture
- Spanish and Portuguese Interpreter & Translator
Research / Accomplishments
- GVU Outstanding Educator of the Year (2007)
- Iowa World Language Educator of the Year (2007)
- Global Leadership Summit Telecast-WDM, Iowa (August 2016)
- Global Leadership Summit Telecast- Pensacola, Fla. (August 2015)
- Global Leadership Summit Telecast-WDM, Iowa (August 2014)
- Global Leadership Summit, Chicago, Illinois (August 2013)
- Kappa Delta Pi
- Spanish Interpretation Course Development and Implementation (Spring 2017)
- Department of Modern Languages First Program Review (Completed Fall 2015)
- Crossworld Mission Board- Leadership Conference (October 2016)
- Crosworld Mission Board-All Europe Conference- Workshop Presenter: “Preparing for College”- Leysin, Switzerland (October 2015)
- Crossworld Mission Board-Language Acquisition Assessment Options (October 2014)
- Café Latino Immersion Weekend – Language and the Arts – Showcasing Spanish and Art Major Mayra Alarcon (Interview) (March 2014)
- Café Latino Immersion Weekend – Community Connections (March 2014)
- Crossworld Mission Board– Business as Missions meeting (September 2013)
- Small Group Cultural Information (Fall 2012)
- Personal faith
- Culture-based movies
- Twin grandsons
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View offers opportunities and cross disciplinary learning to a variety of students locally and from around the world. Success for many means hitting barriers and finding ways around them!
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|Students and colleagues who want to impact the world and appreciate advice from their each other.