Ms. Elizabeth Carlson
Title: Whole Degree Planning Director
Dept.: GV Complete
Office: Student Center 123
Beth and her husband, Eric, live in Clive with their two teenage children. Beth's grandmother, Ena Lingwall, worked in the development office at Grand View College in the 1970s, and her grandfather, Bishop Raynold J. Lingwall, received an honorary doctorate and served on the Board for many years. Grand View has always been close to Beth's heart - and she feels honored to continue that legacy here.
- B.A., English & French - Cornell College (Mount Vernon, IA)
- M.S., College Student Personnel - Miami University (Oxford, OH)
Start Date at Grand View
- April 2004 - 2008
- January 2014 - present
Areas of Expertise
- Whole degree financial planning
- Financial literacy
- First year academic advising
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|Grand View University offers a personalized, well-rounded liberal arts education in an urban setting rich with opportunities for professional exploration, internships and jobs after college. The GV Complete Program is unique to Grand View and helps students streamline their journey to graduation through financial and academic planning.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|The people! Grand View's students, faculty, and staff are so diverse and interesting. But we all share a passion and loyalty to Grand View. #redrising
- “I have had Ms. Carlson as my GV complete coach now for two years and I always feel if I need help I can reach out to her. She has never let me down when I have questions and she always finds ways to help me out, whether it be going over my four years I will be here or if I want to look at other minors I could add to my degree.” - Marissa Ruppel