Dr. Corbin Zea
Title: Professor of Chemistry
Office: Elings Hall 110
I am a native Iowan, live in Ankeny with my wife and three sons.
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry (August, 2005) Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- M.S., Physical Chemistry (August, 1995) University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- B.S., Chemistry (May, 1993) Sioux Falls College, Sioux Falls, SD
Start Date at Grand View
Areas of Expertise
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Research / Accomplishments
- Research monitoring the binding changes between metal ions and nucleotide phosphates utilizing NMR and ITC
- Partnering with Notre Dame Univeristy to identify components in parmacuticals from Africa
- Exploring the Impact of Urban Areas on the Des Moines River
- Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award (2008)
- Carver Foundation Grant (2017) - Advancing Undergraduate Research and Scientific Exploration at Grand View University. $200,000.
- R.W. and Mary Nelson Foundation Grant (2015) - Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer. $354,000.
- Grow Iowa Value Fund Grant (2011) - Probing Substrate Level Binding of Phosphorylase b: Implications Towards Diabetes Regulation. Funded $50,000.
Questions & Answers
|What makes Grand View unique among other universities?
|The science department at Grand View is fully committed to equipping you to be successful after leaving GV. To accomplish this we provide the students opportunities to engage in science with more meaningful ways.
|What is your favorite part about working at Grand View?
|My favorite part of working at Grand View is getting to know the students. I am able to accomplish that when the class size is smaller.